ASPC / AMHR Super Gelding
ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Super Gelding Program Rules
1. Nomination fee for 2012 is $20 per gelding, this makes the gelding eligible for both the all around halter award and the all around performance award.
2. Nomination form to be filled out including geldings name, registration number, owner, and division (“A” mini, “B” mini, Classic, Foundation, Modern, Modern Pleasure, ASPR).
a) Owner to use BEST (top) 10 judges (can be less than 10 judges) and fill out points form and return points form to coordinator no later than DECEMBER 1, 2012. The best (top) 10 judges for the all around halter and all around performance do not have to be the same (you can have 10 judges for the halter all around that are NOT the same 10 judges used for your performance all around points).
b) Form will contain show date, location, judge, class name, number of entries in class and placing.
c) A judge may be used more than once as long as the show date is different.
d) Class information will be verified with the ASPC/AMHR office before final tabulations.
e) Points to be based on number of entries per class (including championship and grand championship classes).
f) In case of a tie for the Super Gelding Award, the tie will be broken by the number of Hall Of Fame points earned in hall of fame eligible classes. Hall of fame points will be based on what the ASPC/AMHR office has tabulated.
Number in class
2--1st=2 pt, 2nd=1 pt
3--1st=3 pt, 2nd=2 pt, 3rd=1 pt
4--1st=4 pt, 2nd=3 pt, 3rd=2 pt, 4th=1 pt
5--1st=5 pt, 2nd=4 pt, 3rd=3 pt, 4th=2 pt, 5th=1 pt
6 or more--1st=6 pt, 2nd=5 pt, 3rd=4 pt, 4th=3 pt, 5th=2 pt, 6th=1 pt
5. Points will be calculated by points coordinator- Trace Anderson at
6. The shows eligible from December 1, 2011 through November 30, 2012. For the 2012 season a gelding may be nominated at any time and any shows he participates in can be counted.
7. Point forms must be returned to the points coordinator no later than December 1, 2012. They may be returned sooner. Results will be available no later than Feb. 1, 2013.
8. Class breakdown (only ASPC/AMHR rated classes will count):
a) All around halter (open, amateur, youth and PMC eligible): classes include model halter, halter, champion halter class, grand champion halter class, color
b) All around performance (open, amateur, youth, & PMC eligible): classes include under saddle classes, driving classes, hunter in hand, jumper in hand, obstacle in hand, liberty, showmanship classes, costume, modern roadster in hand, versatility driving, obstacle driving
c) Not eligible: group halter classes (get of sire, produce of dam, herd of four, etc.), team driving classes, non-rated classes (such as miniature roadster in hand)
9. Super Gelding Award divisions:
a) Miniature “A” all around halter and all around performance
b) Miniature “B” all around halter and all around performance
c) Classic all around halter & all around performance
d) Foundation all around halter & all around performance (classic performance class will be counted if foundation performance classes are not offered per ASPC rulebook)
e) Modern all around halter & all around performance
f) Modern pleasure all around halter & all around performance (modern performance classes will be counted if modern pleasure performance classes are not offered per ASPC rulebook)
g) ASPR all around (halter and performance combined)
h) NSPR all around
10. Awards: 80% of nomination fees collected for each division (“A” miniature, “B” miniature, classic, foundation, modern, & modern pleasure) will be awarded as follows: 40% for all around halter and 40% for all around performance. 80% of nomination fees collected for the ASPR and NSPPR divisions will go to the ASPR and NSPPR all around winners respectively. The remaining 20% of nomination fees will be used for administrative costs and for the purchase of a commemorative award for the winners.
11. The nomination monies will be kept in a separate account maintained by Joe from the ASPC/AMHR office. See nomination form for mailing address for the fees.
12. A gelding continues to be eligible for the Super Gelding Program in the year nominated even if he changes ownership.
13. Registration papers must reflect gelding status before any points will be counted (example: you cannot count points earned in March as a stallion when pony/horse was gelded in April).
14. Gelding can be shown by anyone (not limited to owner or owner’s family). Geldings shown by youth need to list youth’s name on points tabulation form.
15. You must be a ASPC/AMHR/ASPR member to participate in this program.
NOTE: This program is not related to the AMHR Super G program.
Super Gelding Program Forms
The goals of the committee were to establish a program that will promote gelding within our industry and to make a difference in the genetic heritage of the American Shetland Pony Club, American Miniature Horse Registry and American Show Pony Registry. We plan to do this by providing support and incentive to breeders and owners to geld. In addition, we want to see this organizations registered geldings provided with a better quality of life by providing an avenue of longevity in the show ring.
This committee will serve as an officially recognized committee of the ASPC/AMHR/ASPR. It will operate under the discretion and control of the Board of Directors of the organization.
The committee has outlined a program known as the Super Gelding Award.
All geldings registered with their respective registries will be eligible to participate in the program. The programs will require an entry form and participation fee.
You may also contact Committee Chair Trace Anderson at
The breeder and the owner of the winning geldings will receive recognition.