- This sweepstakes is open to registered AMHR stallions.
- The stallion nomination fee is $200 per stallion. An owner may nominate more than one stallion.
- The stallion must be nominated for the AMHR Futurity.
- Stallions must be DNA tested through the University of Kentucky via the AMHR Sweepstakes. CLICK HERE for the Kentucky DNA form. This is the stallion owner's responsibility and at their expense (approximately $29.00/each). DNA results for stallions already DNA tested at UC-Davis for AMHA will be accepted. See below for information on submitting DNA for AMHA-registered horses. Click here for information on submitting DNA for AMHA-registered horses.
- DNA test results, whether directly through the University of Kentucky or results from UC-Davis, must be on file with the University of Kentucky by January 1, 2014. No exceptions.
- The stallion nomination fee allows the stallion owner one foal from the nominated stallion into the 2013 sweepstakes class (see Mare Rules concerning declaring the mare, DNA requirements, etc.).
- Nominations close March 1, of current year and the nomination fee of $200 for each stallion must be paid in full by April 1, of current year (checks, money orders, Visa/ Master card accepted).
- Submission of a nomination form is a contract to pay. Nomination fees are non-refundable. Non-payment will result in being banned from future Sweepstakes and place the owner in "poor standing" with ASPC/AMHR. In the event of stallion death or unsoundness, another stallion may be substituted.
- Checks for stallion nomination fees shall be made payable to: AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes
AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes81 B Queenwood Road
Morton, IL 61550
Instructions for Submitting DNA Results For AMHA-Registered Horses
Please mail a legible photo copy of the EQUINE GENETIC MARKER REPORT issued by the University of California-Davis to:
Jean Barnhill Rudick Stallion Sweepstakes PO Box 860 Roland, OK 74954
Or you may scan the EQUINE GENETIC MARKER REPORT and attach it to an email. Please email to:
- Mares must be AMHR registered.
- The mare must be nominated for the AMHR Futurity.
- The mare that will be bred to the Sweepstakes stallion must be DNA tested at the mare owner's expense (approximately $29.00/each). CLICK HERE for the Kentucky DNA form. DNA results for mares already DNA tested at UC-Davis for AMHA will be accepted. Click here for information on submitting DNA for AMHA-registered horses.
- DNA test results, whether directly through the University of Kentucky or results from UC-Davis, must be on file with the University of Kentucky by January 1, 2014. No exceptions! We will be verifying receipt of DNA results by March 1, 2014!!!
- Mare owner is responsible for all transportation fees, AI or chute fees, mare care fees, or other fees as specified by the stallion owner in their nomination agreement (such as, but not limited to: veterinarian care, vaccinations, ultrasounds, etc.).
- Names of mares MUST be submitted to Jean Barnhill Rudick by January 1, 2014 in order for the resulting foals to be eligible to show in the 2014 Sweepstakes class.
- Stallion owners may bid on their own stallions.
- Bids will be accepted on the 'live' auction site, or may be made via email at
, phone (315-963-7373), and/or snail mail sent to Bruce Abbott, 248 Leavitt Road, Oswego NY 13126.
- Bidder will be contacted if outbid and will have a chance to raise their bid, or they may put in a maximum bid. The bid increment will be $50.00.
- Bids will be accepted beginning Saturday, March 9, 2013, and will end on Saturday, March 16, 2013, at APPROXIMATELY 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (PLEASE NOTE: If a bid comes in right at the end of auction, it will extend the auction another 30 seconds, giving others an opportunity to raise the bid. Each bid received at that point will extend the auction 30 seconds, just like a REAL auction!)
- Opening bid is a minimum of $200.00.
- The high bidder and stallion owners will be contacted on approximately March 18, of current year or as soon as bids can be confirmed.
- Submission of a bid is a contract to pay. Bids must be paid in full by May 1, 2013. Non-payment will result in being banned from future Sweepstakes, and place the bidder in "poor standing" with ASPC/AMHR, and the resulting foal SHALL NOT be registered. Payment will be accepted by check, money order, VISA, or Mastercard. If the high bidder fails to pay their bid in full by May 1, 2013, the next highest bidder will be contacted.
- A contact information sheet and receipt will be mailed to the high bidder upon payment of the auction.
- Payment for winning bids shall be made payable to: AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes
AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes81 B Queenwood Road
Morton, IL 61550
- All foals exhibited in the AMHR Sweepstakes must be AMHR registered prior to the AMHR National Show.
- All foals must meet current AMHR height requirements for weanlings and will be measured at their arrival to the AMHR Nationals.
- All sexes may be shown together and there may be a separation equally by height, based on the official measurement at the National Show. (i.e., number of foals will be divided equally between the two classes, based on official measurements and does NOT mean the class will be split according to "open class" height splits) Class splits will be posted at least 1/2 day prior to the scheduled time to show, PROVIDED people have had their foals measured. To facilitate this, foals should be measured by the end of the AM classes on the day PRIOR to the judging of sweepstakes.
- There will be no additional entry fee for the AMHR Sweepstakes, but the foals will be required to pay current stall, shaving, etc. show fees to the AMHR Nationals.
- The class will be scheduled and shown at the 2014 AMHR Nationals.
- Foals must be entered by the AMHR National deadline and the entries mailed to the show manager.
- The class will be judged as a regular halter class.
- The class will be judged using the three judge system and judges will not be announced until show time.
- The class will be placed 1st through 10th place and will be awarded National rosettes.
- All monies paid for stallion nominations and services collected in the current year will be jackpotted (less up to 10% for office expenses) for the following year Sweepstakes purse.
- The Sweepstakes purse will pay 1st through 8th place at the following rates:
- 1st - 25%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 7%
6th - 5%
7th - 4%
8th - 4%
12. The stallion owner of the 1st place foal will be awarded 10% of the purse.
13. 1st through 10th place foals will be DNA tested immediately after the class is held. The cost of DNA testing will be covered by the AMHR Sweepstakes program.
Names of all AMHR-carded judges present at the AMHR National Show who do not have a vested interest in the Sweepstakes (i.e., do not own a nominated stallion, mare, or entered foal or who are not showing a nominated foal), and who are willing to judge the class, will be put put in a hat. Three names will be drawn by a disinterested party and will be announced just prior to the class. One judge will be randomly selected as "call judge" and placings will be scored according to the formula for placing all Nationals classes.